Do You Know the Main Types of Website
Types of Website
- This response website designing can be decisive for the success or failure of your online investments.
- We know that between the types, there are the good guys and the bad guys. But let’s consider that excellent professionals were the ones who developed these pages.
- But there is one that adapts better to the current reality of your business,
- it can adapt better to your sector or to the products you sell.
- I will present the main types and the differences between them.
- There are also others, mentioned at the end, that is not so usual, or rather.
- complementary to the detailed ones to follow.
The Main Types of Website are:
Websites Institutional or Commercial?
- With an Institutional Website you show the organizational culture of a company.
- These pages are basically composed of business information, services, products and contact forms.
- It is an online business card.
- Attracts and converts clients It exposes the benefits of the product,
- service or advantages that the client will obtain by working with your company, in addition to the organizational information.
- It is dynamic, and tries to adapt to the preferences of the client.
- For example, you study which pages your website should have,
- which ones have more access, and which ones less.
- We optimize the ones with the most traffic and we do not want to have pages that are not relevant for our clients,
- because we want to optimize their navigation.
- In this way the client has a better experience and is more likely to comply with the proposed goal for the page.
- One of the main objectives of a web page is to inspire confidence;
- we have written a post about essential elements for your web page if you want her to inspire confidence.
Dynamic or static?
- As its name says, it offers dynamism and allows alterations to be made more easily.
- The content can be constantly updated, making the pages remain renewed.
- In addition to the institutional and commercial information, there is the incorporation of a blog, which gives the opportunity for the company to create relevant content for its public and optimize the results in the search engines.
- In addition, landing pages are very used, which will make the conversion work of your visitors into contacts and later clients.
- A static page is the reason for the frustration of many companies on the web. By not renewing, they do not attract the attention of the public, nor do they give reasons to return to it, resulting in few visits and consequently failure in online results.
Online Stores or No?
- Through an online store you can buy a product or hire a service directly from a Smartphone, tablet, computer, among other devices.
- An online store is excellent for merchants who intend to expand their businesses through online display cases. These showcases work very well to sell products, mainly when it comes to simple sales and directly to the final consumer, that is, it does not require the inter mediation of a seller.
- But, it is good to note that maintaining an electronic commerce requires dedication and time. You will have to update products, prices, register photos and sizes, have a stock control that works in conjunction with your offline business, calculate freight, etc.
When it is not recommended to have an online store?
- If you have products that fit into the sale of an e-commerce but do not want to engage in this trade as you do offline, you better not do it, this can cause frustration to your customers.
- On the other hand there are sales that require contact with a seller, different from other products sold alone. They are products that demand a consultative sale, and an online store may not work as well.
- These products require a contact between the seller and the customer to heal their doubts, demonstrate the potential of the service or product, negotiate a price, which can be complex.
- Sales that require contact with the seller are a model mainly applied to services, since one service is very different from the other, even within the same sector.
- This type of sale is not impossible to apply to an e-commerce, but they are very complex, mainly if you are in a culture that does not have as much affinity in making this type of purchase online.
- The solution to this is to offer a consultation to an expert of your company instead of selling directly over the Internet.
- To understand better, let’s use the example of the construction sector. You are not selling directly the building to be built, but the quality, the design, the guarantee, the trust, among other advantages that your constructions represent.
- You will need consultative meetings with the client to understand what will be the best solution for him. From then on there are many variables such as type of material to be used, model of the work and many other factors that affect the project.
A product like this is hard to sell in an e-commerce because:
- The value is quite high.
- There are many variables, and the client may not know what is the best solution for him.
- It requires a human contact that identifies the difficulties that the client faces in his decision to buy the product.
- You will have to break the objections and use your “expertise” in the topic to find the best solution for each client.
- The seller must convey confidence and break any objection, for the client to be willing to pay more for the same product but with a better service or simply decide for your company instead of the competition.
One Page or Multi Page Web Sites.
- One-page sites immerse the user in a simple and linear experience. There is a clear beginning, middle and end.
- The biggest danger is falling into the trap of wanting to “fill 10 kg of material in a 5 kg bag”. One-page websites simply cannot sustain life, the universe and everything.
- Your user base is probably very diverse.
The key points about these websites are:
- They are very large because that is what their own nature demands.
- Due to the amount of content, they have a great potential to attract visitors,
- They provide better control over SEO with several pages and changing content.
- Multi-page sites also give you a better chance to rank for different keywords,
- Since you can optimize each page for a specific keyword.
- People are not willing to make many clicks, and if they do not find what they are looking for quickly,
- They will investigate elsewhere.
- In addition, the conversion in multi pages is smaller,
- It is not such a negative point since these pages tend to attract more visits.
- To improve conversions there are several tactics, such as the use of landing pages, calls to action, among others.
April 24, 2019
February 12, 2019
January 8, 2019