The important methods to develop a mobile application
The mobile Internet usage has been increasing steadily and it has already passed the traditional desktop use. This trend has created the need to design responsive websites and services to make it easier to access them regardless of the terminal.
One option is to implement a separate mobile app (app, app or uppercase). In particular, if the service or parts of it are usually used “on the go”, it may be wise to create a separate application. It is also possible to design a separate application for a limited number of functions, so it does not have to include everything that is possible.
Developing a mobile application has traditionally been expensive and difficult. There are several smartphone platforms, the same application must be programmed to everyone separately. Nowadays, there are sound alternatives to so-called “native application. Here’s a little look at the different options.
A native mobile app
A native application means an application that is specifically programmed for each platform. Different platforms are not compatible, for example, iOS applications are programmed in the Objective-C programming language using Apple’s Xcode development tools, while Android applications are programmed in a Java programming language.
What are the benefits of the native application?
- Through the application stores (App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Phone Store), the application is easy to find and install.
- The app may be charged or can be used for in-app purchases without separate payment spreads and e-commerce functions.
- Performance especially for graphics-rich applications such as games.
- Easy access to all functions and interfaces provided by the platform, such as location, the acceleration sensor, contacts, notifications, calls and text messages stored on your phone.
Web browsers for mobile platforms have developed at a high rate in the last few years and have caught up on browsers running on desktop computers. This development enables the development of modern web applications, especially for mobile use, optimized. This enables fast and exciting development even after the release because the application is always up-to-date via the Internet.
Hybrid mobile application
The benefits of hybrid applications compared to web applications include
- Access all device functions and interfaces, such as contacts stored in your phone, notifications (so-called push notifications), and in-app-purchase (in-app purchases).
- Applied to the device is easier to use than the web application that is used through the browser. No need to press the application icon and it will work. Even though you can add a web application to your bookmarks, and nowadays as your own icon on your home screen, how many really do that? To open a web application, users still have a higher threshold than the phone-installed app.
- Development is easier and faster because the application needs to program only once in HTML5 format. That is, development and maintenance costs are considerably lower.
- The same application can be “packaged” for different platforms, so the layout and user experience are consistent across all devices.
A mobile app does not necessarily need to be a public app for any application downloaded from the app. It is also possible to use a mobile application for the use of companies’ own staff or members of organizations, which is not distributed through public distribution channels. The easiest for a limited user group is the distribution for web applications, where the application works at their own web address and usually requires the login. It is also possible to implement native applications and hybrid applications for a limited user group, but not as easily as web applications. There are separate sockets for different platforms. enterprise programs that are paid services, but allow apps to be distributed outside application stores or through an application store on a separate private channel. Of course, it is also possible to add an application to a public application store, but require login before use. Anyone can install this application, but can only use those who have the required usernames.
February 13, 2019
February 11, 2019