What is the best Programming Languages for your website?
Some programming languages specifically used for the client and others for the server, there are some commonly used basic ones. Here is a short review of the most popular web development languages used in the industry. Do not worry if you do not understand that about “Client” and “Server”, we will see a little more about it later. HTML and CSS are the two most basic languages and are used to build almost all websites on the Internet. Even if your business is not going to be mainly online, having a website is paramount at this time. We have already seen how it can help your business take off and even if you do not go to work for SEO.
- HTML is the standard markup language that structures and formats the contents of the web.
- Page elements such as titles, headers, texts, and links are included in the HTML document.
- It is one of the main technologies used on the Internet and serves as the backbone of all websites.
- CSS or Cascading Style Sheets or Cascading Style Sheets is a style sheet language that basically allows the developer to “do it and forget it”.
- Along with HTML, CSS allows the programmer to define how they will look and the format of multiple web pages at the same time.
- Elements such as color, design, and fonts are specified in this single file that is kept separate from the central core of the web page.
- These two languages provide the basic structure and style information that is used to create a static web page,
- A web page that looks the same for everyone who visits it.
- Many current web pages are dynamic, therefore they are built for the visitor.
- To create this type of more complex sites, you need to add more advanced languages for the client and server.
- The client languages, which include HTML and CSS, are any code that runs inside the web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.).
- This means that the browser temporarily downloads all the files from a web server and, in return, displays a static page; you can see these files even if you lose your internet connection (as long as you keep the web browser open).
- After HTML and CSS, it is the most used client language.
- All websites must be hosted (saved) on a web server. Server languages refer simply to all the code that facilitates the transfer of data from a web server to a web browser.
- It also refers to any code used to create databases or manage data inside the web server itself.
- Server languages run or run on the same web server, which gives the power and resources to run programs that demand too many resources to run in the web browser.
- Server languages are also more secure because the source code stays on the server instead of being temporarily downloaded to each computer.
- Used by 75% of all web servers, PHP is a general-purpose server language. The biggest advantages of PHP are that it is open source, with a huge worldwide community that works and that is compatible across multiple platforms.
- There are many others such as Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, etc.
The best programming language for small businesses
The languages are used for more specific things than others. If you need a mobile application, web, or a more specialized system, there may be a specific language. But let’s think that for the moment what you need is a relatively simple website, where you can show your company, your products and maybe sell online.
Remember that the world of business is always changing and your website has to be updated accordingly, so the changes will be constant and you need a “language” that allows you to do them easily and quickly.
Content management systems
We have already talked about content management systems. Systems like Word Press, Drupal, Joomla, among others.
If you want to have a website easily. Where you can even sell online. Make it easy to maintain and update. You need a content management system.
October 12, 2021
October 11, 2021
October 5, 2021